One Day Bushcraft Courses
This course is designed to provide an introduction to the basic fundamentals of Bushcraft and survival techniques. The course is structured but conducted in a fun and informal environment under the guidance of our enthusiastic and professional instructors.
The course incorporates the following elements:
- Knife skills - Introduction to the bushcraft knife and saw, its uses including basic carving and cutting skills
- Shelter building - constructing a bivvy shelter, including useful knots
- Traditional fire making techniques - learning to use a fire-steel / flint and steel with a variety of tinders
- Backcountry cooking - food preparation and natural cooking apparatus / techniques
- Sourcing materials and uses - collecting tinder and identifying appropriate materials for various uses
We use various sites for our Bushcraft courses. the site will be determined once booking is placed.
Single sex courses are available, both Ladies Only and Men Only.
Please note: Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
There are currently no dates for this activity which can be booked online. Please check back shortly.
If you require any further details or would like to talk about other dates,
please do not hesitate to contact us either by email info@TheCanoeMan.com or on 07873 748408